IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ: Ecopolitology has moved to a new host and a new domain. Please adjust your bookmarks and be sure to check out the beautiful new ecopolitology 2.0 theme by pointing your browser to www.ecopolitology.org, or by following this link.


January 29, 2008

The State of the Union is Strong(ish)


President George W. Bush delivered his final State of the Union Address last night [text of speech]. One of the best assessments of the address came from columnist E.J. Dionne, of the Washington Post and a regular on NPR's All Things Considered. He said something along the lines of, "Whatever the opposite of the word 'ambitious' is, this speech was that."

I would tend to agree with that assessment. All in all, it was a pretty modest speech from a president who has little political capital to spend.

But because I was predisposed, I was unable to watch the address live. So, being the nerd that I am, I TiVo'ed it instead. And let me tell you, the TiVo is absolutely made for the State of the Union Address.
Read more...

No comments: